Talking to The Camera – Why You’re Gonna Look Stupid
Before you start worrying let me just say that you will not look stupid; oh you may feel like and idiot talking to the camera at first. Which is completely natural. I mean talking to an object is pretty weird if you think about it. (Try to talk to your toothbrush, let’s see how it feels?!)
But as you are practicing talking to the camera, you will ease up and with every shot you take you will become more and more comfortable about talking to objects.
Please watch the video where I give a very short and simple run down of how I make a video and what works for me.
Now, here I’m not talking about being all professional and corporate. If people want to watch corporate they will turn on their TV’s. People want to deal with real people, especially when it comes to MLM, especially silver MLM, right? Nobody want to hear an “entity” talking. That has been done millions of times. Let’s keep it real now, folks!
Talking to The Camera – Da Tips
- Start Talking to The Camera!!!. That is to say you must not postpone shooting your own videos not another minute. Do it NOW! You will feel a huge relief after you take action; of course assuming that you want to make your own videos but fear holds you back.
- Look in the lens of the camera. When you talk to somebody and you really care about the conversation you look the person in the eye, right? When you’re talking to the camera you are really talking to your audience, so look them straight in the eye.
- Keep it short and simple. Attention span is shrinking by the minute. Tell them upfront what they are going to get by watching the video. Make your videos no longer than 5 minutes long. Shorter the better though.
- Know what you’re talking about. Why would you wanna make a video on a subject you don’t know anything about?
- Watch your posture and breath. Loosen up but keep a good posture, don’t forget to breathe.
- Have fun. That’s the whole point.
- Don’t get discourage. You may suck and feel stupid at first, just push through the fear, and you will get good at it.
- Don’t worry about mistakes, bloopers. You may want to leave them in the footage. It shows that you’re not perfect (people are going to love you for that because it makes them feel comfortable about themselves). You’re a real person just like them. And that’s a huge factor when it comes to building a rapport.
- Care. Speak from your heart. Remember this video is about them, for them and you’re there as a servant. Give it everything you got.
P.S. If You Don’t Have a Step-By-Step Blueprint For Generating More Leads, Check This Out (Unless You Already Have Too Many) Click Here For Instant Access